Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Use Caution Buying Tru-Spec Boonie Hats

I bought a MultiCam boonie hat by Tru-Spec at Kaufman's West in Albuquerque, NM awhile ago and I've worn it exactly twice since then. The second time was on a windy day and I used the built in chin strap that came sewn onto the hat that day.

I immediately noticed that the little leather two hole holder wasn't staying put, but what I didn't notice was that the strap which LOOKED like 550 cord was fraying.



When I got home and saw the damage just one wearing would do I emailed Tru-Spec a complaint along with the two pictures you see here.



It's been a week and still no response from them.

The rest of the hat seems good so I'm going to sew a REAL 550 cord in place of the POS they sold me.

Desert (The world's greatest excuse pales in the face of mediocre performance.) Dave